While federal law establishes the minimum rights of most American employees, each U.S. state has the power to enact further, more stringent laws. California, widely known as an employee-friendly state, has some of the most extensive employment laws in the country. From hiring to firing, and all points in between, employers are required to comply with all such laws.
Bowles Law recognizes the vital role of business in society’s economic well-being and in enabling workforces and families to lead more meaningful, productive lives. Thus, we focus on safeguarding employers through the highest caliber of legal counseling, education and litigation defense. Our focus on management-side employment representation enables us to provide a level of personalized service unmatched by larger firms.
Bowles Law was founded by Mr. Timothy Bowles, an award-winning employment law specialist. Mr. Bowles and his team have successfully represented employers from an array of industries and in federal and California labor law matters since 1995. The firm’s employment law services include:
- effective counseling for the rapid, favorable resolution of employee claims including discrimination, sexual and other harassment, retaliation and wrongful termination
- aggressive defense of employment-related lawsuits
- resolution of wage and hour claims including exempt and non-exempt classifications
- effective legal actions to remedy employee theft and misuse of company assets
- implementation of appropriate workplace policies and procedures to reduce the potential of future complaints and to promote stable company growth
- practical seminars and instruction for managers on workplace legal basics, including discrimination and harassment awareness training
- custom employee handbooks
We also represent employers in employment-related government investigations and audits.
If you are already involved in a lawsuit, our attorneys are effective litigators. See “Representative Cases” for a partial list of results.