Employment law specialist Tim Bowles will cover the structure and span of current employment law from a management perspective, including the significant changes in California and federal employment laws.
The seminar is a must for all business owners, executives and personnel management staff, setting the foundation for confident hiring and stable business expansion in the coming new year and beyond.
Emphasis is on practical application. Attendees are encouraged to ask questions on their particular legal challenges or confusions throughout the session.
This seminar covers several major areas, including:
- California’s new mandatory paid sick leave benefit
- Expanded workplace discrimination, harassment and retaliation protections including new rights for unpaid interns, volunteers and for non-citizen immigrant workers
Comprehensive harassment prevention training for supervisors:
- Changes in employment arbitration laws
- Hiring and firing basics
- Why communication and documentation are vital
- Employment applications, interviews and testing
- Employment agreements
- Minimum wage, overtime and overtime exemptions
- Staff training, with sample policies and how to implement them
- Sample severance pay and release form
- Discipline and reporting policies
- Drug testing and other policies concerning worker privacy
- Vacation and leave polices
This seminar includes sample hard-copy employment forms, policies, and a 31-page employee handbook.
The seminar fee is $200 per person. Seating is limited. For more information on upcoming seminars or to schedule a seminar for your business, please contact us via email or call: 626-583-6600.